9.2.10

NYE POSTER EXPLAINED

If I had to choose one project that I’ve had the most pleasure of working on in recent times, it would have to by my Magic Words/Goodnight Loving New Years Eve Poster. The basis in creating it was in part due to my buddy Aaron booking the show and needing some sort of promotional material. We met and talked about what we hoped to achieve. He kept using the word “classic” to describe what he wanted, but lacked the necessary examples to back up his direction. I introduced him to Hatch Show Print out of Nashville and he flipped his lid. Now we had something to go on. I collected a variety of posters that share a sort of Hatch Show style and even went back to the old country western days to see what kind of advertisements they were using.



Obviously the style is nothing revolutionary and my inclination to produce this poster had nothing to do with being cutting edge. It was merely a reflection of vintage styled aesthetics sprinkled with a modern attitude. Also by using faces of local “celebrities”, I was trying to communicate this communal aspect that would hopefully resonate through the local scene. In the end, it my have turned out more humorous than meaningful. But that’s rock n’ roll. I am extremely proud of this work and it will no doubt be implement into my portfolio as a strong piece.