29.1.10

PUBLIC RELATIONS WRITING EXERCISE #1

In lieu of a project that I’m working on from my Public Relations class, I thought I’d give some insight on what it is and how I’m making it work. The object is to choose a client or business and implement a variety of public relations practices to better serve them and to ultimately help them reach a better bottom line. Seems simple enough. I chose to work with a local café/restaurant because I felt more connected to its grass roots home grown vibe. Their values are a little quirkier than your average run-of-the-mill neighborhood cafés, which is something that I feel best suits my personality. I’m hoping that in turn, we can work together and eventually take over the world. Hey, who am I to mess with fate?

The café has been in existence for over a decade and offers the community a great selection of sandwiches, pizza, and pasta dishes on top of serving up some delicious coffee and cappuccino drinks. They even have a pretty descent wine and beer menu too.
The café is also known for staying on top of the local arts scene and participates in a plethora of gallery night happenings and art openings. I also got to add that the café has an exquisite jukebox. At this point it’s a little vague about what I really hope to accomplish but as the semester treads along, I’m hoping to gain a much better understanding of the direction that I will have to take. 

The overall public view on this establishment is one that is unmatched by most café’s or restaurants that I’ve ever seen. It has a strong presence within the community and has become somewhat of a local landmark. With free Wi Fi, some killer coffee, and a cool atmosphere, this place has become a great neighborhood destination. Stay tuned as I further pick apart its place in our local society and what I plan on unleashing as far as PR tactics are concerned!

In the mean time, enjoy this picture of a really gnarly old farfisa organ.