1.3.10

THESIS UNDERWAY: AN INTRODUCTION

I’ve been really swamped with thesis work lately. Sorry I haven’t been updating this blog as often as I’d like. Here is a little run down on what I’m involved in. I’m building a media conglomerate that exploits underground rock n’ roll, outsider art and design, and degenerate lifestyle practice. Vice Magazine out of New York is a major influential force in me creating this. I’ve also been paying a lot of attention to Juxtapose as well. I’ll be implementing a print magazine version of this endeavor as well as a website that will house features, articles, podcasts, videos and more. I’m also putting together some merchandise options for good measure. And because I’m interested in the whole social media buzz that has hit our culture like a sonic boom, I’ll also be figuring out ways that I can incorporate that. I’m calling this empire Kinetic Underground.

kinetic |kəˈnetik|
adjective
of, relating to, or resulting from motion.
• (of a work of art) depending on movement for its effect.

underground əndərˈground|
adverb
• of or denoting a group or movement seeking to explore alternative forms of lifestyle or artistic expression; radical and experimental

Get it? Here is a logo that I am currently working on. It’s all kinds of crazy!






This logo may primarily be used for a sticker, button or t-shirt. It's not so much meant to be readable as cohesive letters, but to be used as an image based in graphics to perpetuate the kinetic underground brand and ideal. I decided that I didn't one almighty logo to encompass everything but rather a multitude of logos. Of course to better communicate its brand, a similar feel and mood must be adhered to. Color is an important factor as well. Here are a few other ideas that I've been playing around with.