29.5.17

JEWELRY CAVE I (1234GO RECORDS)



Here is some photographic evidence of an art happening I had at 1234GO Records in Oakland over spring 2017. I had already been producing work for another show I had booked at Groove Salon in San Francisco, but I thought it would be a good idea to have a smaller show beforehand to show off some progress work and get some initial feedback from my peers. 

In addition to covering the walls with my art, I also decided to have a few bands play the opening event. I took it one step further by creating some props and projections for the stage. The whole idea was to make everyone feel like they were walking into an experience. A Jewelry Cave experience. 



Aesthetic wise, spring 2017 was a turning point for me. I had dedicated much of 2016 to designing and producing my floating frame transparent work. Since then, I had been really getting into print making as well as getting into working in larger formats. For this particular show, I included both art projects as a bridge from the old to the new. The styles tie into one another pretty well, so I didn't feel like it was too jarring going from one piece to the next. I mean, just look at these pictures... this shit is dope!