25.10.15

PROGRESS WORK FOR LARGE SCALE PRINT PIECES III

I pulled apart my initial large scale print design to see just how malleable it was. Meaning, I wanted to know how easy it would to interchange certain graphics and still have it tell a cohesive story. I inverted the colors as an experiment and found that the overall tone took a much darker turn. I'm not decided on whether or not to keep it this way. I do love the contrast that the white has against the black background, but I tend to think it gets muddy in certain places. I may do two versions of black and white. Who knows...

Here is a triptych version in the inverse style. I've been really into three's lately. I love the idea of a beginning, a middle and an end. I also really love the composition it creates when all three are lined up in a row. There is just something very balanced and calming about it. 


The running theme through this series has been primarily rooted in sex and the idea of a total societal gender role reversal. Meaning, women are the dominant forces and men are now just the scum beneath their feet. At the very least, I really just want this work to strike some fear in the heart's of yuppie scum white bread fuck bags. Ok?

The film, Belle De Jour (1967) has been a huge influence as well. You've never seen it? Oh man, it's the best. Dig on it here... Belle De Jour Here.