27.11.12

ATARI FACEBOOK TEMPLATE


I've been making a lot of Facebook cover photos and profile photos lately and it's gotten me thinking about the relationship between the two. Essentially, it all comes down to solid branding and getting all your elements to work together in a seamless manner. I think one of my favorite things about design is applying the same look and feel across an entire spectrum of attributes. Even something as simple as a Facebook page. The cover photo and profile picture are one in the same, yet operate from two different places. 

I decided to give my own personal page a little sprucing. The theme revolves around an old Atari 2600 box and cartridge. I've never considered myself a gamer per se, (the last game I remember playing a lot of was Mike Tyson's Punch Out) but I am fascinated by the culture. Especially by the classic arcade look and feel of the late 70's/early 80's. It's a nostalgic time left lost to the ages. A special time that brings me back to my younger days of sitting perched in front of an old zenith television watching 8-bit pixels bounce back and forth across the screen. It was a technology that boggled my mind.

Feel free to download the template I created. It fits the Facebook dimensions perfectly and is easy to customize. For Photoshop CS4 and higher!