27.10.12

BALBOA THEATER POSTERS & HANDBILLS

Here are a couple recent projects that I've been working on. The Balboa Theater needed a few posters and handbills to advertise some upcoming screenings, so I offered my creative services. My girlfriend has been working for the theater for the past year or so. When I heard they were screening a few movies of interest, I took it upon myself to get involved and contribute a few little design pieces that could be beneficial to their business. This whole project was born out of the sheer fact that I love creating for the sake of creating. I think this is an important practice for designers. Just design and create for the fun of it. 

The posters and handbills became a big hit with the theater. Especially since I'm offering my design skills at an extremely low price. (In fact, I created four posters for them for a mere copy of 1984's Night Patrol on VHS). It's not that I devalue design and its importance. I just tend to operate better when commerce and politics are left outside. As soon as money gets involved, everyone's expectations get higher and higher. This creates rules and constraints. Sorry if you disagree. Born a punk. Die a punk.

Anyway, I just wanted to portray a couple posters and handbills that I liked the best. I have a couple more in the works and will post them on here soon.