6.10.10

HIGH FREQUENCY MEDIA LOGO RE-BRANDING

One of the fringe benefits of playing in bands and being apart of a larger underground demographic is meeting and connecting with like-minded creative’s and artists. It all seems to take place in a world less dominated by structure and regulations and relies more on comradely and the exchange of unsolicited ideas. This arena is pretty much where I garner a lot of my inspiration. In once such particular instance, I got to know the masterminds behind High Frequency Media. High Frequency consists of Anthony Lopez and Jon Salimes, two graduates of the University of Milwaukee dedicated in providing a top-notch video design service to the local community at large. Their work is extremely versatile in a sense that one work of art can consist of a heart-warming to wedding and the next could consist of a basement show crammed with drunken bodies.

For a few months as my bands would play out, we would cross paths and eventually get to know one another better. Once they found out that I had something to do with the graphic arts, they inquired as to how to go about a simple re-branding. The job was simple enough. Create a new logo and everything else will fall into place. Eventually, I was able to contribute a wide variety of solutions for their business which involved some motion graphics and even a new website design. But first, let’s take a look at some logo development.

As seen here, I started off thinking that I wanted to the logo to be its own block or shape as opposed to floating type. I chose to work in black at white at first for simplicity sake keeping in mind that color could be added after we settle on a definitive design. Ultimately, the black and white scheme stayed because of its sleekness and crispness. Besides, their videos are screaming with colors and bombasity. Let’s keep everything else clean.

Next, I picked out a few choice logos and started to experiment with a textured theme. I wasn’t sure if this idea would bloom into fruition, but it gave me a chance to push the logo to new heights. Later, it proved to be beneficial because as I began to design the website, I kept this initial thinking in mind. How can texture and the ability to communicate substance work for this?

By far, one of the greatest pieces of work that I could have offered involved creating an intro and outro title card for Rishi Tea. Rishi is Milwaukee based organic tea company that High Frequency works with in creating promotional video and other random video assortments. 


Go here to see more mind blowing work from High Frequency Media.