3.12.15

BELLE DE JOUR TRIPTYCH


Here is my Belle De Jour triptych in a sweet frame mock up. I'll be showing the middle one at Feet Wood this month for their "Constructive Chaos" show. I made a two color print at 24 x 36. It's huge. I may not go that big again. It's just to troublesome to produce and who the hell is gonna have something that big in their home anyway? I wouldn't. Unless I had a really big home. That would be awesome. A big house filled with big art. Nice!

So anyway... I've explained what this piece represents before. It's an homage to the French film, Belle De Jour. It's kind of a dry watch, but I don't know... I really like it. I like the whole atmosphere that it invokes. It's kind of the same feeling I get from watching Friday the 13th part 3. There's just this presence that it has that I really respond to. Like... Like... there's this universe on film that I want so desperately to immerse myself in. ...to live among the saturated sun damaged colors.