25.4.16

SELECT TRANSPARENT COLLAGES


If you’re living under a rock and are totally out of the loop in terms of my awesome Instagram, then you should leave this blog right now and go follow me. —> instagram Here’s the deal. I started my Instagram as a way to continuously output new artwork on a regular basis. My objective is to post one collage a day for the entire year of 2016. I started posting on January 1st and will end the page on December 31st. 365 total days of weirdo Adam Widener collages. I love the idea of giving this project a lifespan. It was born and it will die. My mid-July, I'll be well steeped in the middle age years. 

Anyway, I am gearing up to hustle some art for some Summer public showings and have been experimenting with ways to displaying these collages. I really like the dual layer transparency comps I’ve been doing. But if I want to pump these out pretty quickly, then I may only stick with one layer. 

At any rate, its given the artwork a whole new life. I took some of the Instagram pieces that I’ve been working on and printed them on transparency paper. Then I housed them in floating frames. I like the sleek delicate quality that emits from the art. It’s futuristic, yet primitive. It’s so 2016, yet so 1978. Does that make any sense? Does it even really matter?

Anyway, dig some of these transparent collages. It’s total tripsville, man.