9.12.15

BELLE DE JOUR TRIPTYCH 24 x 36 (AND OTHER STUFF)


Here are some process shots for the Belle De Jour Triptych at 24" x 36". After I made these, I concluded that perhaps this is just too large of a size to work with. It took about 8 letter sized sheets of transparency just to burn the screen. Then it took a lot of time to cut down the mat boards, burn the screens, the amount of ink used. etc… The whole thing was just a tad too troublesome for the initial outcome. When I was done, I stood back and looked at them and it just didn’t feel right. 

I think I’m going to go back to the drawing board and resize these differently. Already leaning towards an 18 x 24 size. Heck, I’ve already got some other designs ready to go for that. 






As you can see from the screen shots, the idea is to layout the triptych in one giant 24 x 54 composition. Then I’ll break that up by using this template I made to mask the composition into easy-to-export-and-print letter size art boards. This will allow me a more efficient way to get my designs onto the printed canvas. 



Anyway, here are some process pics of making the 24” x 36” versions as well as a couple shots from the ‘Constructive Chaos’ show at Fleetwood in SF where I showed the middle one off. I had a good response and am pleased with the reception, but I think I can refine it further by going a different route. Riveting stuff huh?