15.11.15

ODDVILLE: PHOTO AND ART SHOW. OAKLAND CA.



I had some of my collages on display this weekend at Oddville in Oakland. I managed to take a few pictures before the room became a complete circus. It was a pretty crazy event. In addition to the awesome art on display in the gallery, there were all kinds of festivities going on. I think my work made a nice little contribution to the entire experience. 

"I mean, look... there were people walking around in wizard costumes strung out on ecstasy. It was THAT kind of a night. ...and I totally support my art as a backdrop to that." 

I was talking to a few people about my pieces and the film 'Westworld" came up a few times. I know of it, but I have never seen it. I somehow think this may be some secret passage to understanding my collage work. As if its story connected to something very real within myself. Thus, there is opportunity to unlock a part of myself and further understand life on this planet. I don't know... My spidey-sense is tingling for sure. 




This set up was a mash-up of my "Women Rule" and my "Friday the 13th" triptych 16 x 20 series. No real reason other than I was a frame short to include all 6. It actually worked out pretty good. I noticed some pretty interesting things when some of them were paired next to one another. Which is something I really dig. I look at this stuff for hours at a time. It's always a nice surprise when I see something new in it.