20.6.15

PHOTOSHOP LAUNCH SCREEN

Upgraded to the new version of photoshop today. Overall, I am pleased with the new updates. The interface has changed up slightly, but it’s not enough for me to want to rip my eyes out. As soon as I downloaded and launched the program, something peculiar caught my eye. Adobe has been upping the game lately with its launch screens. What once was a simple colored box with some simple text has been transformed into little works of art. No doubt using some brilliant art from their behance library. Side note: The mirror mountain composition on the After Effects boot up is my favorite. 

But this particular new launch screen rubbed me wrong. Not to be a total design snob and nit pick all the minute details (aren’t we as designers always just doing that all the time anyway) but what’s with the crammed in type at the bottom right corner? And with the creative cloud logo just slapped in there over the type? What’s up with that? How did this get a pass? The text is literally touching the bottom border. Fucking blasphemy!

Couldn’t they have opened up some space near the bottom? What about moving the creative cloud logo over to the left? Maybe perhaps under the “2015 Release” call out? I’m sure there were a number of routes to be considered. I’m just wondering how this was released in this state. Especially from a company so revered by designers and creatives as a top notch design tool. It's an industry standard. 


Complaining on the internet about irrelevant dumb shit is awesome.